VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County School Board discussed the budget at Monday night's meeting.
An idea discussed continues the mission for community trust and transparency.
Superintendent Rob Haworth talked about the creation of a bond oversight committee.
It would include members of the public.
The group would help oversee and advise the board on projects using bond money.
The school has a $5 million general obligation bond.
If approved, the oversight committee would help oversee how that money is spent.
- VCSC superintendent discusses the creation of new oversight committee
- Public hearing set to discuss new VCSC superintendent's contract
- Public input needed in VCSC superintendent search
- VCSC board hears concerns regarding superintendent search
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- VCSC Superintendent: Our schools are at a critical juncture
- VCSC Community Meetings Announced
- VCSC holds meeting to discuss strategic plan for the corporation
- VCSC holds community listening session
- An emotional Danny Tanoos announces his retirement as Superintendent of VCSC