VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County School Corporation is looking at ways to generate nearly $7 million.
Part of that plan is to make this happen through budget cuts and school consolidation.
Officials are looking into expanding one program.
The Vigo Virtual Success Academy is currently open to students in grades nine through 12.
The program gives students a chance to take classes online. Next year, officials are looking into expanding this program to include kindergarten through 12th grades.
Officials say they could be a good idea for both students and the corporation.
Leaders are also looking into allowing kids from other countries to participate in the program in the next few years.
- VCSC looking to expand Vigo Virtual Success Academy
- VCSC celebrates success on IREAD-3
- Vigo Virtual Success Academy will host a town hall on July 30
- A lot of families are looking to enroll in Vigo Virtual Success Academy
- Virtual Success Academy: A new way to learn outside of the classroom setting
- VCSC Community Meetings Announced
- Virtual school starting up soon in Vigo County
- VCSC holds community listening session
- Vigo County law enforcement prepping for Jr. Police Academy
- VCSC announces launch 'Vote yes 4 Vigo County Students' PAC and website