VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County School Board meetings continue inside one of three high schools.
Members met inside the library at Terre Haute South on Monday night.
That's where board members talked about plans to address medical needs in West Terre Haute.
Superintendent Danny Tanoos says it's a collaborative effort among Sister Dorothy Rasche, Valley Professionals and committee members. With that, a mobile clinic through Valley Professionals will serve area students in West Terre Haute, especially West Vigo Elementary, that may need it.
"There's only an x amount of spaces," said Tanoos, "So if they could see 5-10 kids a day, twice a month, that's 20 more students, or whatever they can take at that, time with less medical needs, sitting at home sick, missing school, even worse."
Board members also approved roofing and masonry work, as well as plans of asphalt repairs and improvements to some of the school corporation's properties.
- VCSC Board meets at Terre Haute South
- VCSC Community Meetings Announced
- Terre Haute hosts swim meet
- VCSC Board names Jackie Lower as president
- VCSC board hears concerns regarding superintendent search
- Golden Apple: Terre Haute South's Traci Kyle
- Terre Haute's 105th Annual Meeting tonight
- VCSC says the use of school buses will cost Terre Haute Air Show about $40,000
- Terre Haute students learn about local government at school board meeting
- School board makes West Terre Haute easement official