PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - Indiana State University President Deborah Curtis is a native of Chicago, Illinois but she and her husband Lynn lived in Paris for about seven years right after they were married..
She made a trip back on Sunday.
Mayor Craig Smith honored Curtis by giving her the key to the city.
Smith said he made the decision because of all the work Curtis has done in the education system.
Curtis became ISU's president in April.
Mayor Smith says the entire city of Paris is thrilled over her new role.
- University president honored by City of Paris
- Holocaust survivor Kor receiving DePauw University honor
- Indiana State University hosting honors program for high school students
- Board of Trustees announce 12th President of Indiana State University
- President of DePauw University announces plans to step down
- Paris attacks suspect's trial in Belgium postponed
- Accident shuts down Paris, Illinois road
- UPDATE: Boil order in Paris, Illinois lifted
- Brewing company celebrates grand opening in Paris
- Suspect in Paris High School threat identified