TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - There are 30,000 households in the Wabash Valley considered 'working poor.'
They don't make enough money to make ends meet.
The United Way of the Wabash Valley is trying to help lower that number.
On Friday, dozens of business leaders and volunteers met for what was called 'Lunch and Learn.'
It's an informational session put on by The United Way.
It was to teach people how they can help the non-profit reach its lofty goal.
That goal is to move 10,000 families out of financial struggles and into stability.
There's another Lunch and Learn set for Thursday, November 15th at noon at the Vigo County Public Library.
- United Way hosts Lunch and Learn event
- United Way hosts Stuff the Bus event
- United Way hosts Learning Session and Idea Share
- United Way hosts Power of the Purse event
- ISU hosts Earth Day events
- Regional Hospital hosts recruitment events
- Competitors Learn Showmanship Skills at Fair Event
- United Way holds learning session as it searches for volunteers
- Launch Terre Haute hosts women-centric event
- YMCA hosts 'Breakfast with Santa' event