TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Saturday was all about letting kids be kids.
Union Hospital hosted its 27th Annual Children's Classic Run Saturday morning.
Hundreds of area kids laced up their running shoes for a jog around ISU's Memorial Stadium.
Saturday was not about titles or trophies, it was about letting loose and having a good time.
"A lot of kids don't get the opportunity to just play anymore," said Coordinator Mike King, "and because of that, I think a morning like this is important for kids to be able to come out totally unstructured. The only thing that's structured about this event is that one mile they're running around Memorial Stadium."
Every penny made Saturday will go to the Union Health Foundation's Pediatric Therapy Fund.
The fund helps parents who may not be able to cover costs for their children's therapy needs.
- Union Hospital hosts Children's Classic Run
- Union Hospital host community baby shower for expecting mothers
- Union Hospital/Union Health officially make deal with Care Source
- Local credit union hosts 'shred day'
- CareSource reaches agreement with Union Hospital
- New administration at Union Hospital - Clinton
- Union Hospital shows off new surgical technology
- Hospital hosts active shooter training
- Regional Hospital hosts recruitment events
- Union Hospital hosts American Red Cross Blood Drive, here's how you can still help