TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - As you're working on buying Christmas gifts, don't forget the next step: sending them out on time!
The U.S. Postal Service will deliver more than 15 billion pieces of mail this holiday season. In the period between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, the Postal Service also expects to deliver 850 million packages, which is more than a 10 percent increase compared to the same period last year.
The US Postal Service has released its list of holiday shipping deadlines, to make sure your packages arrive on time.
The Postal Service recommends the following mailing and shipping deadlines:
• Dec. 11 – APO/FPO/DPO Priority Mail & First Class Mail
• Dec. 14 – USPS Retail Ground
• Dec. 15 – Hawaii to Mainland Priority Mail & First Class
• Dec. 16 – APO/FPO/DPO USPS Priority Mail Express
• Dec. 16 – First Class Packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
• Dec. 19 – First Class Mail (including greeting cards)
• Dec. 20 – Priority Mail
• Dec. 20 – Hawaii to Mainland Priority Mail Express
• Dec. 20 – Alaska to Mainland Priority Mail & First Class
• Dec. 21 – Alaska to Mainland Priority Mail Express
• Dec. 22 – Priority Mail Express
Don't forget, select US Postal Offices are open on Sunday’s to help with the holiday shipping season. One location locally is the Terre Haute Office at 70 Rose Avenue.