VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A United States Senator made a stop in Vigo County on Wednesday.
The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce hosted a special luncheon for Senator Todd Young.
People at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods had the chance to speak with Young and hear about how he is working for them in Washington, D.C.
Young told us it also allows him to hear what's important to you.
"Very focused on bringing down the cost of prescription drugs. Especially for our senior population. Also, communicating the good work that we're doing to address the opioid crisis in a bipartisan fashion," Young said.
He said Hoosier leaders are also working on ways to keep nicotine out of the hands of children.
- U.S. Senator Todd Young makes Vigo County stop
- Make a Difference: Todd Norris
- Math competition sparks interest for young girls in Vigo County
- Young man hit by car in Vigo County concerns neighbors
- Author of a book about Birch Bayh stops in Vigo County to discuss the late Senator
- U.S. Senator makes stop in Terre Haute, talks drug addiction
- U.S. Senator makes stop at 181st Intelligence Wing
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- Vigo County traffic stop leads police to accused sex offender
- Mrs. Indiana Universal stops in Vigo County with important message