CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Injuries were reported after a two vehicle accident Friday morning in front of the Clay County YMCA.
This began around 5:30 a.m. when a Brazil Police Officer attempted to make a traffic stop near Church Street and Walnut Street in Brazil - but the suspect took off.
The suspect was identified as Joey Allen, 32. Police report Allen is a habitual traffic violator which makes it a felony for him to drive.
About four blocks away, police report Allen hit a white vehicle in front of the Clay County YMCA. There were two minors and an adult male inside the white vehicle.
Allen's vehicle then hit the Brazil High School monument in front of the Y, flipped over and caused serious damage to the top of the vehicle.
Police report Allen was trapped inside the vehicle and had to be cut out. He was later air lifted by medical helicopter to a hospital in Indianapolis. At this time Allen is listed in critical condition.
The two juveniles and the adult male in the white car were taken to Regional Hospital in Terre Haute for non-life threatening injuries.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Multiple injuries reported after two vehicle accident in front of Clay County YMCA
- Injuries reported after one vehicle accident on Darwin Road
- No injuries reported after two vehicle accident in Parke County Monday morning
- One arrested, injuries reported after accident in Jasper County
- Minor injuries reported after one-vehicle accident at 19th and Wabash
- Clay County YMCA hosts Easter egg hunt, kids get free bikes
- OFFICIALS: Stolen vehicle involved in Clay County crash, occupant ejected
- Daviess County still mourning lives lost in multiple fatal accidents
- Injuries reported after accident on State Road 163 in Parke County
- Valentine's Day run benefits Vigo County YMCA