VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Two people are dead following a Sunday morning crash.
It happened just before noon on State Road 163 and Hazel Bluff Road.
According to preliminary investigation, the Vermillion County Sheriff's Office says a pickup truck was traveling west on SR 163.
That's when officials say the vehicle exited the roadway on the southside of SR 163, travelling on the inside of the guard rail. Officials say the vehicle hit a concrete embankment, landing on the driver's side.
Officials say the driver, Blondie King, 75, of Terre Haute and his passenger, Wanda Spence, 79, of Terre Haute, were trapped in the vehicle and had to be extricated.
King and Spence were taken to Union Hospital in Clinton where they later died.
Officials say seatbelts were not used.
- Two people dead following crash in Vermillion County
- Two children airlifted after Vermillion County crash
- Vermillion County crash ends with one airlifted
- One person hurt in Vermillion County crash
- Two people dead, another airlifted after crash in Knox County
- Vermillion County represented in NASDAQ
- Vermillion County Cleanup fast approaching
- Vermillion County fair activities underway
- Two people dead after Friday morning I-70 crash
- One person dead after Putnam County crash