KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Two people have died and another was airlifted after a crash in Knox County Wednesday evening.
The crash happened on State Road 159, north of Bicknell.
It is not clear what caused the crash.
Preliminary investigation revealed John B. Buck, 71, of Freelandville, was driving his 2002 Jeep northbound on SR 159 approximately ½ mile north of Brocksmith Road. Joshua A. Roark, 27, of Vincennes, was traveling southbound on SR 159 approaching Brocksmith Road when for unknown reasons drove left of center and collided head-on into Buck’s vehicle. John Buck and his wife, Rita Buck, 71, were both pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The family has been notified.
Roark was airlifted to St. Vincent Hospital in Evansville where he is being treated for serious injuries. SR 159 was closed for approximately 3 hours while troopers investigated the crash. This is an on-going investigation.
- Two people dead, another airlifted after crash in Knox County
- Two children airlifted after Vermillion County crash
- Vermillion County crash ends with one airlifted
- One woman dead after Knox County fire
- At least one airlifted after eastern Vigo County crash
- 69-year-old Truck driver airlifted after Parke County semi crash
- One person airlifted after eastern Vigo County crash
- One person airlifted after single-vehicle Parke County crash
- Police in Parke County investigate crash, one airlifted
- Parke County man airlifted after lawnmower accident