KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Two juveniles were taken into custody in connection to a school threat made on social media.
The Knox County Sheriff's Office says it happened around 8:15 Monday night.
Police received information about an alarming post on the Instagram app. Because of its content and language, police deemed it to be threatening in nature toward South Knox Middle/High School. Police say an investigation began immediately after.
At 9:45 p.m., deputies took two male juveniles into custody. They were taken to Southwest Indiana Regional Youth Village in connection to the threat.
According to the sheriff's office, there is no longer a credible threat toward the school. However, additional deputies will be present on school grounds for safety measures until further notice.
- Two juveniles in custody after alleged social media school threat
- Juvenile in custody after stabbing report
- Confusion spread after threats on social media in Knox County
- Juvenile detained in connection with Sullivan County school threats
- Student arrested following another social media threat at Columbus East High School
- Parents voice concerns on social media after Wednesday night school threat
- False school closure rumor shut down on social media
- Police recover two stolen handguns, juvenile in custody
- ISUPD warns students about social media scam
- Additional security will be in place at Vigo County schools as students return after social media threat