WASHINGTON, Ind. (WTHI) - Two juveniles have been detained after police accused them of starting a house fire in Washington, Indiana.
It happened on Thursday just after 5:00 p.m.
Officers were called to an active house fire at 612 SW 5th Street.
Witnesses told police they saw two juveniles leaving the area just before the fire started.
Two minors were taken into custody and charged with arson and criminal trespass.
They are both being held at the South West Youth Village pending a court hearing.
Police say the home was empty, and no injuries were reported.
- Two juveniles charged with arson after Washington, Ind. house fire
- Washington, Ind. man booked for armed robbery charges that happened near an elementary school
- Washington, Ind. police warn of scam involving someone claiming to be with their department
- House fire in 2100 block of Locust Street ruled arson
- Arson investigation underway after Terre Haute house fire
- Terre Haute house fire kills family dog, ruled arson
- Fire investigators rule Friday night fire arson
- Police charge man with arson for 17th and Eagle fire
- Man charged with arson in Knox County
- Edgar County woman arrested on arson charges