VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Two people were hurt and one person is in custody after police say a driver caused two crashes and then fled the scene, while allegedly drunk.
It happened Tuesday afternoon near Rio Grande Road and Robertson Street in northern Vigo County.
Police told News 10 an improperly secured trailer came loose from a pickup truck and hit a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction of the truck. That vehicle crashed into a utility pole, with two inside being sent to Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police say the driver of the truck left the scene of that crash and reportedly crashed into another vehicle. Indiana State Police caught the driver a short time later.
Police say the driver of the truck, Joseph Stephens, tested positive for a controlled substance at time of the crash. Police also say he had several warrants out for his arrest in Vigo County.
Duke Energy had to turn the power off in the area while they worked to make repairs to a utility pole.
- Two hurt and one in custody after driver reportedly flees the scene of a Vigo County crash
- Child suffers minor injuries after getting hit by car, driver reportedly flees the scene
- 14-year-old taken into custody after reportedly driving drunk, fleeing police
- One hurt in eastern Vigo County crash
- Two people hurt in Vigo County crash
- Police in Jasonville search for driver that reportedly left the scene of a crash involving a pedestrian
- Three people hurt in southern Vigo County crash
- Five hurt in southern Vigo County single-vehicle crash
- At least one hurt in Vigo County crash
- 14-year-old girl hurt in northern Vigo County crash