LOOGOOTEE, Ind. (WTHI) - Two people were killed in a crash just north of Loogootee.
It happened just after 8:00 Wednesday morning on the U.S. 231 bridge near Boggs Lake.
According to police, 60-year-old Kevin Sears of Odon was driving north on 231 when he went into the southbound lanes for an unknown reason.
He hit a vehicle being driven by 29-year-old Zachary Greene of Loogootee.
Officials say Sears died at the scene of the crash.
Emergency crews took Greene and a passenger to an area hospital.
The passenger was transported to a hospital in Evansville, where he died from his injuries.
Officials are not releasing the name of the second man that died while they work to notify family.
Greene is being treated for injuries to his legs and ankle.
- Two dead in crash north of Loogootee
- Loogootee man killed in single-vehicle crash
- Loogootee Library receives generous donation
- Loogootee library seeks help for new facility
- Loogootee man airlifted after a fireworks accident
- Loogootee will soon have it's own website
- Work begins on Loogootee school renovations
- Motorcyclist dead after Saturday crash
- Loogootee teen arrested on numerous drug charges, including dealing cocaine
- Feces covered cages, dead dogs, no food or water - police charge 73-year-old Loogootee woman with animal neglect and cruelty