TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - A county commissioner says two offices in the county annex have been sealed off so a pest company can deal with "an issue."
We've learned that issue is a small case of bed bugs. News 10 got a call this morning that some annex offices could be closed so we sent a crew to get some answers, and here's what we found out.
We spoke with Commissioner Jon Marvel and the issue was discovered in two offices late yesterday afternoon.
Marvel said the county called in a pest company to eradicate the bugs. The pest company told Marvel this was a "low level issue.". "They were sealed last night to be dealt with this morning and that's what's taking place right now." said Marvel. He says the problem is now taken care of and as soon as the pest company releases those two offices, they'll reopen to the public."
Commissioner Marvel says it's important to remember something like this could happen anywhere.
"What people have to understand is, you could go to a movie theater this afternoon, or go to the grocery store, and pick up a multitude of bugs and take them home," he explained.
Marvel shared, even though it wasn't an infestation, they're still taking treatment very seriously.
Commissioner Marvel said, "The two offices which are sealed will be treated with heat, but the two adjoining offices, the way I understand it, will be treated chemically, with a residual spray going around it, just like they do at your house."
Commissioner Marvel says that they'll continue to have maintenance for this issue to keep it from happening again.
The majority of the annex is currently open.
- Two Vigo County offices closed for bed bugs
- Bed bugs found at veterans home
- Local school district proactive on preventing spread of bed bugs
- Vigo County beach to close
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 40 stores
- Vigo County road closed starting next week
- Another store closes in Vigo County
- HVAC Issues close Vigo County Courthouse Early
- Cameras to be installed in Vigo County parks targeting litter bugs
- Stink Bug Season Has Begun