TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - Two Vigo County buildings will be receiving some security upgrades.
The Vigo County Council approved requests for the Juvenile Center and Community Corrections Center.
Both will receive a baggage x-ray machine.
Community Corrections will also receive a walk-through metal detector.
The juvenile center already has one.
The sheriff said he has already ordered the equipment and hopes to have it operational in about one month.
- Two Vigo County buildings set to receive security upgrades
- ISU building receives major upgrades
- Vigo County YMCA receives colorful upgrade
- Allen Memorial Planetarium receives upgrades
- Vigo County Juvenile Center getting upgrades
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office set to receive new vehicles
- Southwest Parke School Corp upgrade elementary security
- Vincennes building receives renovations
- Collett Park Pavilion receiving roofing upgrades
- How is Vigo County handling election security?