WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has asked Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel to serve a second term.
That’s according to a person familiar with the president’s decision.
The decision comes as the president looks to build out his team for his re-election campaign. As head of the RNC, McDaniel leads the party’s fundraising and voter mobilization efforts.
McDaniel has accepted Trump’s offer. The RNC will hold an official vote in January.
The person familiar with Trump’s decision was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. Axios first reported that the president had asked McDaniel to stay on.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump asks GOP chair to serve a second term
- Long Term Forecasting
- This Site's Terms of Service
- Trump to meet with Netanyahu, chair Security Council meeting
- GOP Sen. Cruz, Rep. Rooney introduce constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress
- Yochum announces attempt at third term
- Righter says he won't seek another term
- Community Spotlight: Serving on the Streets
- Officials: Warrant served, meth found, three arrested
- Deputies serve up pizza for Project Lifesaver