VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A truck driver has been arrested after an accident in Vermillion County.
The accident happened Thursday afternoon before 3 p.m. at the intersection of State Road 63 and State Road 163.
Officials report the accident involved a semi and two other vehicles.
Vermillion County Sheriff’s Office reports the semi involved in the accident had initially stopped but then took off heading south towards Vigo County.
A press release explained that both vehicles that were damaged in the accident had been sitting at a red light when the semi sideswiped them.
One of the drivers stated pieces from the vehicles involved in the accident flew through the back window.
Indiana State Police was able to locate the semi involved in the accident just south of Durkees Ferry Road in northern Vigo County. The driver was identified as Joseph A. Singh, 51 of Georgia.
He was taken to the Vermillion County Jail on a $5,000 bond. Singh is facing charges of failure to stop after a property damage accident and reckless driving.
Drugs and alcohol are not believed to be a factor. Police report there were no injuries reported.
- Truck driver arrested after leaving the scene of an accident in Vermillion County
- Semi driver cited after hitting INDOT truck in Vermillion County
- Operation Pullover arrest in Vermillion County
- Vermillion County man arrested for dealing meth
- Driver killed in Clark County accident
- Motorcycle driver arrested in Vermillion County, hit speeds of 128 mph during chase
- Vermillion County represented in NASDAQ
- Vermillion County Cleanup fast approaching
- Vermillion County Trustee arrested for theft and official misconduct
- Vermillion County man arrested on home improvement fraud