EFFINGHAM, Ill. (WTHI) - We have new details about an Illinois accident involving a state trooper.
According to Illinois State Police a trooper was stopped at a light at the intersection of Raney Street and Fayette Avenue in Effingham Saturday afternoon.
Investigators say Tamra Wendt crashed into the driver side door as she was turning. Wendt was arrested for drunk driving.
The trooper was treated for minor injuries.
- Trooper hit by drunk driver
- Suspected drunk driver caught on dashcam
- Police: Suspected drunk driver arrested after almost hitting person mowing yard
- State Trooper responding to crash in Vermillion County hit by another driver
- Daviess Firefighter remembered after being killed by alleged drunk driver
- Drunk driving impacts more than just the driver's life
- Man running from Indiana trooper hit by car on I-65
- Illinois state trooper hit by truck, killed in Freeport
- Funeral set for trooper hit by truck, killed in Freeport
- Semi driver pulling 43,000 lbs. of cement pulled over, allegedly driving drunk in Vigo County