VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - There are hundreds of empty roles to fill in trade jobs across the Hoosier state.
A local union says sometimes, these jobs are overlooked.
"For most young people they think about going to college, they think about some way to make a living. The skilled trades are very much overlooked. But we have some of the best wages and benefits packages you'll find," Mark Swaner, from the Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 157 said.
Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 157 is always looking for people.
They offer a variety of fields like HVAC, welding, and plumbing.
The union offers 30-60 apprenticeships each year.
Learn more here.
- Trade jobs in demand across Indiana
- Indiana State University projects attract 1,200 jobs
- Indiana State University hosts student job fair
- CBD oil in high demand
- Local daycare seeing increased demand
- Indiana governor to lead trade mission to Canada next week
- Indiana governor plans auto-focused trade trip to Italy
- Indiana governor concludes China trip during trade war
- US jobs report; China's export slump; Trade war intel
- Illinois' legal marijuana demand would outpace supply