INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - A new report suggests tourism has had a growing impact on Indiana's economy.
That's according to the Indiana Office of Tourism Development.
It says travel, tourism, and hospitality generated nearly $3 billion in taxes last year.
Indiana's convention business took an estimated $60 million hit after a "Religious Objections Law" was signed by former Governor, Vice President Mike Pence.
- Tourism has growing impact on Indiana's economy
- Diesel Extravaganza has an impact on local economy
- Harrison College closing could have an impact of the Terre Haute economy
- GOP rep: 'If we're not leading on' AI, that's going to impact economy
- Popularity of dual credit and AP courses grows in Indiana
- Indiana University mumps outbreak grows to 6 student cases
- Indiana University mumps outbreak grows to 7 student cases
- Indiana and Michigan farmers eager to begin growing hemp
- Computer science education growing across the state of Indiana
- Impact of federal government shutdown felt locally in Indiana