LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tom Cruise is back on the flight line for a sequel to the 1986 film “Top Gun.”
The actor on Thursday tweeted a photo of himself as Navy pilot Pete “Maverick” Mitchell in a flight suit, looking at a fighter jet. The photo includes the phrase “feel the need.” In the original movie, Cruise’s character talks about how he feels the need for speed.
Cruise writes #Day 1 of production of “Top Gun: Maverick.”
The movie is scheduled for release in July 2019.
- Tom Cruise tweets as production starts on ‘Top Gun' sequel
- Tom Cruise soars in 'Top Gun: Maverick' trailer
- ‘Jurassic World’ sequel stomps way to big box office debut
- Two arrested for "Blunt Cruising"
- Developer wants land behind Top Guns rezoned
- A roller coaster on a cruise ship?
- Disney announces dates for three new 'Star Wars' films and four 'Avatar' sequels
- Top Guns in Terre Haute teaches kids about safety
- Prairie Creek Park Prepares for Syrup Production
- Syrup production underway at area park