SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Three teenagers were killed in a Sullivan County crash.
The crash happened Friday afternoon on County Road 1100 North near County Road 550 East.
Police say the teenage driver of the car was driving east when they ran off the road, hitting a tree.
The driver and two other teenage passengers were killed in the crash.
Officials are not releasing any names at this time.
Social media reports were indicating that the teens were North Central High School students.
We reached out to North Central principal Monte Kirk for a statement. He said:
"On behalf of the Northeast School Corporation and North Central High School, I want to extend our sincerest sympathies to all of the families and friends of the students involved a terrible accident that has taken place this afternoon."
He went on to say the school plans on holding a vigil for students to mourn the loss of their friends, but they want to work with family before they set a time.
There was a vigil held on Friday night at North Central.
Other schools were reaching out to show their support.
A tweet from White River Valley high school's official Twitter account said: "Thoughts and prayers to our friends at North Central. What a tragic situation with the loss of life of three students."
We will continue to follow this developing story and bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Three teenagers killed in Sullivan County crash, vigil held at North Central High School
- Final pieces of North Central High School benches honoring students killed in crash unveiled
- Local high school hosts vigil, fundraiser planned to honor teens killed in car crash
- Clay County vigil held to show support for DACA
- North Central High School receives a special delivery
- Sullivan County Highway dump truck crash kills one
- North Central students return to school after car crash kills three classmates
- North Central High School will donate bench to Terre Haute South High School
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- Driver nearly impaled after Sullivan County crash