COLES COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Three men from Chicago were arrested in Coles County on Thursday on forgery charges.
The Mattoon Police Department arrested Jamont M. Jackson, 26, Nyere J. Almore Jr., 27, and Demetrius C. Mattox, 27, all of Chicago.
Police report the three men travelled from Chicago to Mattoon for the purpose of using counterfeit money. They were attempting to purchase goods and receive real currency as change in exchange for the counterfeit money.
They were arrested as they were exiting the Walgreens located at 212 S. Logan Street in Mattoon and taken to the Coles County Jail.
- Three from Chicago arrested in Coles County on forgery charges
- Police name victims in deadly Coles County crash
- Terre Haute man arrested in connection to Coles County fatal crash
- Police in Coles County search for man wanted on several active warrants
- Chicago police release a portion of Smollett investigation reports after his charges are dropped
- Vigo County man already facing impersonation charge, arrested again
- Vermillion County woman arrested for fraudulent credit card charges
- Four arrested on drug charges in Parke County
- Four arrested in Daviess County on drug charges
- Martin County Sheriff's Deputy arrested on drug charges