KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Three men are facing charges in connection to a southern Indiana animal cruelty case.
The Knox County Sheriff told us these men, Gary Charest, Brent Scolley, and Christopher Smith each face six counts of animal cruelty.
Charest also faces multiple charges of harboring non-immunized dogs.
Warrants in this case are pending.
Last week, a number of dogs were dumped near Cannonball Bridge.
Police said that the dogs were in poor condition.
They were able to get all of the animals off the streets with the help of a bystander.
The dogs were taken to the Vincennes Animal Shelter for treatment.
We're told they are recovering and doing okay.
- Three Knox County men face animal cruelty charges
- Knox County judge faces disciplinary charges
- Woman charged for Loogootee puppy mill faces 11 animal cruelty charges, all misdemeanors
- Suspects identified in animal cruelty case, Sheriff says
- Animal cruelty penalties measure heads to Holcomb's desk
- Man charged with arson in Knox County
- Knox County Election Results
- Charges filed against 3 people in animal cruelty investigation at Fair Oaks Farms
- Parke County man accused of animal cruelty after police said they found dead and malnourished animals on his property
- Vincennes faces off against Knox County for good cause