TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Roughly 70 area kids will have an easier time paying for college thanks to $22,000 in scholarships.
The High School Bowling League awarded the money to students at a ceremony Sunday. This is a travel league with teams representing several Wabash Valley schools.
These bowlers earned scholarship money over the course of the season based on scores and winning tournaments.
News 10 spoke with the league treasurer and he says bowling is for everyone.
"Everybody that comes will get on a team. You won't sit the bench. You'll get out and bowl," league treasurer, Robert Laney, said.
Laney encourages more kids to sign up for the league. It offers students a chance to compete and represent their school.
- Thousands of dollars in scholarship money awarded to high school bowlers
- Indiana Sheriff's Association awarding scholarships
- Several schools receive thousands in grant money from United Way
- Indiana Broadcasters Association Scholarship
- Brinks truck drops thousands of dollars on Indiana highway
- Several local communities receive thousands of dollars for road improvements
- Police say they found thousands of dollars worth of meth near Washington, Indiana school
- 5th annual Kyle Ride raises funds for more school scholarships
- Local Dollar General employee accused of stealing thousands of dollars from safe, police say he had trash bag of cash
- Local police agencies awarded money to purchase body armor