TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The bill that could bring a casino to Terre Haute will be back before another Senate Committee on Thursday.
The Senate Appropriations Committee will hear Senate Bil 552 at 8:30 that morning.
This bill would move one casino license, currently in Gary, to Terre Haute.
It would also legalize sports gaming in the state.
The public policy committee passed it unanimously two weeks ago.
Senator Jon Ford is an author for the bill.
He also sits on the appropriations committee.
If passed, Senate Bill 552 would move to the full Senate.
- The next step in Terre Haute's casino hopes happens on Thursday
- Terre Haute takes two more steps towards getting a casino
- Indiana Gaming Commission approves casino sale, make a Terre Haute casino one step closer
- Senate Bill 552 passes 10-0, a step that could bring a casino to Terre Haute
- One step closer to Terre Haute, but how is the community reacting to a new Casino?
- Casino company places second bet on Terre Haute
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute
- Do you want a Casino in Terre Haute?
- Terre Haute church sponsors anti-casino billboards around the city
- As Terre Haute eyes a casino, one of the next steps in the process involves Vigo County voters