TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - News 10 received an inside look at the Vigo County Correctional Facility on Friday.
Terre Haute's chief arson investigator Norm Loudermilk took our crew on a tour of the building.
Investigators told us a fire was set inside the drawer of a desk that belongs to a state parole officer.
Loudermilk told us many of the drawers in the office were gone through as well.
Our crew captured video of other offices as well, showing damage around the building.
Loudermilk said they finished the scene examination on Friday, and they were able to gather a lot of evidence.
"In every crime, there is evidence that can be gathered...we have gathered a lot of evidence. So of the evidence is fire damage...some of it is related to property damage," Loudermilk said.
If you have any information on the fir, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 812-238-STOP.
- The damage: An inside look at the Vigo County Community Corrections facility
- Correctional Officer arrested for trafficking at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- Visitor Arrest at Putnamville Correctional Facility
- UPDATE: Early morning fire at Vigo County Community Corrections considered arson
- Arrest made in community corrections arson
- Metal detector coming to Community Corrections Center
- PLUS graduation helps inmates at wabash valley correctional facility
- Former Rockville Correctional Facility employee charged with official misconduct
- State awaiting 'plan of correction' after investigation into care facility
- Vigo County School Corp. opens facilities to the public