SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - It's a race you have to see to believe.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom and Chief Deputy Jason Bobbitt raced a homing pigeon on Wednesday.
It's something new this year as part of the Sullivan County 4h Fair.
The pigeon belongs to Paisley Wright, one of the 4H members.
They raced from the fairgrounds to a pigeon loft 15 miles away. (for the police...seven for the pigeon)
The winner was the pigeon by just two minutes.
Wright has challenged the sheriff and the chief deputy for next year's fair.
- The Amazing Race? Sullivan County's sheriff races homing pigeon for 4H Fair
- Folks explore downtown Terre Haute in amazing race type event
- Vigo County 4H holds community cleanup ahead of fair
- 4H enrollment time is underway
- Racing takes center stage at Vigo County Fair
- 4H'ers at Vigo County Fair work to keep their animals cool in hot weather
- Boy Scouts bring vegetable racing to Vigo Co. Fair
- Sullivan High School hosts career fair