TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Sheriff's Office has made an arrest in connection to the fatal crash that killed 17year old Jenna Perrelle.
The crash happened Valentines Day. Ever since, the community has rallied behind the Perrelle family and terre haute south vigo high school.
Right away the sheriff's office started investigating the circumstances behind the crash, and today they made an arrest.
Detectives arrested a 16-year-old male. Police say he was the driver in the crash.
The juvenile has been charged with several felonies including: reckless homicide criminal recklessness, and reckless driving.
News 10 spoke with Vigo County Prosecutor Terry Modesitt. He said he feels these charges are appropriate.
If he's found guilty Modesitt says the teen could see up to 6-years in prison.
He also said he hopes these charges send a greater message.
"I think that the one thing like as the prosecutor that I look at is anytime a life is taken, you know, obviously each person only has one life, and we have to deal with that in any manner we can," Modesitt said.
Modesitt says prosecutors are looking to have the teen charged as an adult.
If that happens, his name will be released.
- 16-year-old driver of car involved in a crash that killed Jenna Perrelle arrested
- Terre Haute teen waiting to see if his case will be moved to adult court in connection to Jenna Perrelle death
- Driver in Perrelle case accepts his fate, but is the punishment enough?
- One injured in car crash involving bicycle
- Two cars involved in Saturday morning crash
- Court makes suspect name public in Perrelle death case
- Driver escapes car fire after crash
- Actress Jenna Fischer encourages students during Indiana visit
- Terre Haute Police find missing 16-year-old
- Crash involves several parked vehicles