TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTH) – Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett says the City of Terre Haute and the YMCA have come to a verbal agreement to reopen the Vigo County YMCA pool.
He told News 10 Thursday details are still being worked out, but he’s confident the pool will reopen.
A YMCA spokesperson also said details are still being worked out.
The YMCA closed the pool last year, citing the operating costs.
- Terre Haute's mayor says the city and YMCA reach verbal agreement to reopen the pool
- City of Terre Haute working on plan to reopen YMCA pool
- YMCA Pool: Terre Haute's mayor feels confident, while the Y says talks of it reopening are premature
- Efforts continue to reopen YMCA Pool in Vigo County
- Bloomfield pool reopens
- People pack city council chambers to discuss YMCA pool
- Railroad crossing in Terre Haute reopened
- Group continues to raise donations to reopen Vigo County YMCA pool
- Court docs: Terre Haute man allegedly battered two autistic, deaf, blind, and non-verbal people
- The YMCA pool and a proposed casino were hot topics at Mingle With a Mayor