INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - News 10 received words of a joint news conference taking place Thursday afternoon at the Indiana Statehouse in Indianapolis.
It will feature Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett and Gary, Indiana Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson.
It will happen at 1:00 p.m.
Both mayors have spent a good amount of time following Senate Bill 552.
That's the bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute, plus legalize sports wagering in the state.
Currently, Gary has two casinos on Lake Michigan.
Spectacle Entertainment currently owns both.
The company wants to pull both casinos off the lakefront.
One would move to the I-80/I-94 interchange in Gary, with the other coming to Terre Haute.
Both cities stand to gain if the bill passes as is.
News 10 plans to talk with both mayors about why they are pushing for passage of the bill.
We will let you know what they said on News 10 First @ Five and News 10 at 6:00.
- Terre Haute's mayor and Gary's mayor set to hold joint press conference in Indy
- President Trump, British Prime Minister May hold joint press conference
- Terre Haute airport holds press conference for fall airshow
- Two mayors, one message: Moving a casino license would benefit both Terre Haute and Gary
- Indy business looks to buy two Gary casinos, could one come to Terre Haute?
- Mayor meets with Terre Haute residents at GT Pie
- Mayor calls Terre Haute Clean-Up Day a big success
- Terre Haute Young Professionals hear city update from the mayor
- Pat Goodwin officially files for Terre Haute mayoral race
- Terre Haute Police Department and Vigo County Sheriff's Office hold joint memorial for fallen officers