TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - This year's Veterans Day Parade is back on in Vigo County.
Earlier this week, News 10 was the first report the annual Veterans Day Parade was canceled.
After that report, people living in Terre Haute decided something needed to be done.
"I know when I was a kid I loved seeing the military and the veterans in the parade and I think that should continue," John Higgins, Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association said.
On Friday, a group of mostly veterans gathered at Grand Traverse Pie Company to work out a way to make sure the parade happened.
Good morning, Wabash Valley!! Today, I’m at GT Pie company where a group of mostly veterans are meeting to talk about the Veterans Day Parade. If you’ll remember, earlier we reported it would be cancelled this year. I’ll have more on what comes out of the mtg on @WTHITV at 5 & 6 pic.twitter.com/fM8OSoLCia
— Sarah Lehman (@WTHISarahLehman) September 27, 2019
They said having the parade is not the only tradition, it's the least the community can do to pay respects to those who have fought for our freedom.
"We will never forget our fellow veterans. What they've done for us," Mike Egy, with Loyal Veterans Battalion said. "Some have given the ultimate sacrifice to allow us to continue to live free and there's no greater way to honor them than with this parade.
The parade is set to happen on Veterans Day, November 11 at 10:00 a.m. in downtown Terre Haute.
If you would like to volunteer or be apart of the Veterans Day Parade there are a few ways you can do that.
Message the Loyal Veterans Battalion on their Facebook page, here. You can contact Mike Egy directly at 812-230-1213. Or, you can contact Clifford Stephens through email at ClifStep@frontier.com or by phone at 812-241-9034.
You can also message the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association's Terre Haute Chapter through their Facebook, here.
- Terre Haute's Veterans Day Parade officially back on
- Terre Haute's Labor Day Parade
- Annual Veterans Day Parade set for Sunday in Terre Haute
- Celebration continues after Terre Haute Veterans Day Parade
- Three World War II veterans set to take part in Terre Haute's Veterans Day Parade
- 'We can't start forgetting about our veterans,' local veterans frustrated there will be no Veterans Day parade in Terre Haute
- After the Veterans Day Parade was canceled in Terre Haute...local groups ban together
- Saint Patrick's Day parade kicks off in downtown Terre Haute
- Several organizations commit to Veterans Day parade
- Hundreds of people gather in downtown Terre Haute to show their support at the annual Veterans Day Parade