INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) -Terre Haute' Eva Kor will serve as the pacesetter for the 2019 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon.
Officials say the 84-year-old Holocaust survivor was chosen because she exemplifies the triumph of the human spirit.
Organizers hope she will inspire people to register for the race.
On Wednesday morning, a group of her biggest supporters called 'Team Eva' will run the 13.1-mile course as a relay with Eva as the anchor.
Team Eva's time will be the time to beat.
For every participant that finishes faster than Team Eva, the 500 Festival will donate $1 to the Candles Holocaust Museum in Terre Haute.
To learn more, click here.
- Eva Kor announced as 2019 500 Festival Mini-Marathon Pacesetter
- Terre Haute's Eva Kor to serve as pacesetter for 500 Mini-Marathon
- Memorial services set for Eva Kor
- Eva Kor documentary now available for streaming
- Find Marsupial Athletics at Pacesetter Sports in Terre Haute
- Eva Kor public Celebration of Life is Sunday in Terre Haute
- 73 years free, Eva Kor celebrates liberation day
- Documentary on Eva Kor to premier at Indiana State University
- Eva Kor walks blue carpet for documentary world premiere
- Holocaust survivor Eva Kor has passed away at 85-years-old