TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute woman is facing charges after police say she drove under the influence of a controlled substance with a baby in the car.
It happened on Wednesday when Indiana State Police pulled over 20-year-old Emili Garner for unsafe lane movement near U.S. 40 and Hunt Road.
After an investigation, police say Garner was under the influence of a controlled substance.
Police say Garner's newborn infant was also in the vehicle with her.
She allegedly refused to take a chemical test and was taken to the Vigo County Jail.
Garner was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a passenger less than 18, and operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
DCS gave the baby's grandmother custody.
- Terre Haute woman charged for driving under the influence with a newborn in the car
- Terre Haute woman charged for driving under the influence with two kids in the car
- Newborns at Terre Haute hospital receive special gift
- Terre Haute woman facing drug charges after traffic stop
- Terre Haute woman facing charges for dealing meth
- Terre Haute hospital offers a way to let you share your newborn with everyone
- Car fire in Terre Haute ruled arson
- Wanted Terre Haute woman found by police
- Terre Haute woman celebrates her 101st birthday
- Terre Haute woman sentenced for shooting