TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An 18-year-old is heading to prison after he admitted to shooting a gas station clerk during an armed robbery.
A judge sentenced Dilon Blaine to five-years in prison followed by five-years on work release and another five-years on probation.
The charges stem from a string of robberies and car break-ins dating back to May of last year.
The clerk that was shot worked at the Jiffy Mini-Mart at 25th and 8th Avenue.
In her statement, the clerk told the judge she'll never be the same person after the shooting.
Blaine pleaded guilty to his charges and apologized to the victim and his family.
- Terre Haute teen sentenced for shooting gas station clerk
- Two gas station clerks physically okay after a series of Terre Haute armed robberies
- West Terre Haute woman arrested after police say they witnessed her having an 'impaired' conversation with gas station clerk
- Terre Haute woman sentenced for shooting
- Gas pipeline upgrades underway in Terre Haute
- Police searching for man accused of robbing Terre Haute gas station
- Terre Haute man accused of trashing the inside of a gas station...over stolen ice cream
- Terre Haute gas station lends a hand to federal government employees
- Card skimmer found attached card reader inside Terre Haute gas station
- Local man sentenced for his part in Terre Haute shooting