TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A big honor highlights Terre Haute as a place with strong art and cultural presence.
On Friday, city leaders announced that Terre Haute now has the 'Cultural District Designation.'
It's an honor that is hard to come by.
Only seven other Hoosier cities have the designation.
It means there's potential for community and economic growth through the arts.
The people involved say the judges gave Terre Haute the highest score out of other applicants.
Several museums and groups make up the arts in the community.
This includes Arts Illiana, Art Spaces, and the Community School of the Arts at ISU.
- Terre Haute receives special Cultural District Designation
- Terre Haute based bank received special recognition
- Newborns at Terre Haute hospital receive special gift
- Special Olympics return to Terre Haute next week
- Terre Haute North students hold special event for Camp Navigate
- Terre Haute Police make 5-year-olds birthday celebration extra special
- Volunteers are needed for the Special Olympics in Terre Haute
- Thousands will visit Terre Haute for Special Olympics Summer Games
- Restaurants offer up specials for Taste Terre Haute
- Shoe Bus receives grant, make stop at Terre Haute school