TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Fairbanks Park in Terre Haute will be receiving a new boat dock on the Wabash River.
The Department of Natural Resources gave the city's park board $25,000 for the project.
Last January, ice flows destroyed the previous dock.
The new one will be able to be moved in and out of the water.
This will help to avoid similar ice damage in the future.
The specific grant requires matching funds, so the city will also contribute $25,000.
- Terre Haute receives grant for new Fairbanks Park boat dock
- Crews removed boat docks from Fairbanks Park
- Boat dock at Fairbanks Park remains closed indefinitely
- Installation starts on new Fairbanks Park boat dock
- Boat dock and fishing pier at Fairbanks Park closed due to ice flow damage
- Fairbanks Park boat dock to be fixed after damaged by ice flow
- The ribbon is cut on a new boat dock at Fairbanks Park
- Terre Haute Community Band holds festival at Fairbanks Park
- Terre Haute parks leaders discuss YMCA, boat dock, and city golf courses during Thursday meeting
- New dock at Fairbanks for the Wabash Valley Rowing Club