TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Even though it has taken some time for the leaves to start falling this year, the Terre Haute street department is preparing for leaf pickup.
The street department will begin leaf pick up November 13th.
They say the operation takes many weeks and is dependent on the weather.
Residents are encouraged to pile their leaves next to the road, but to keep the leaves out of the roadway. Street officials say the leaves can cause problems with storm drains.
The street department foreman says to watch for items other than leaves when clearing your yard.
"People like to put their sticks in with the leaves, they put obstruction materials in with the leaves. All that's going to do is slow us down and potentially cause breakdowns. So if you could keep your stick separate from the leaves and your trash with your trash that is always helpful" Bryan Driskill with the Terre Haute Street Department says.
Leaves will be collected from Haythorne Avenue to Davis Avenue and from 1st Street to State Road 46.
- Terre Haute prepares for city leaf pick up
- Leaf pick-up underway in Terre Haute
- Leaf pick-up schedule released for West Terre Haute
- Winter weather puts Terre Haute leaf pick-up on hold
- Terre Haute leaf pickup schedule updated
- Terre Haute leaf pickup continues this week
- City officials report Terre Haute leaf pickup ahead of schedule
- First wave of leaf pickup in Terre Haute announced
- Terre Haute leaf pickup to start on Monday
- Terre Haute prepares for city wide clean up event