TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One Terre Haute police officer served his last day on the job.
After 40 years, Officer Dale Loudermilk officially retired from the Terre Haute Police Department.
He spent his last day on the job with his son and fellow officer Adam Loudermilk.
They took one last ride along together.
Adam says he's had the opportunity to work with his dad for the last 15 years.
His brother has worked with him for the last 20 years.
Adam says it's been a great experience.
"We've got a lot of time invested in this community. You know we appreciate everybody here in the community. We all enjoy it. We really do," Adam said.
Sergeant Loudermilk says his father passed down several lessons to him.
They include doing the best you can and treating people the way they deserve to be treated.
- Terre Haute police officer takes his last ride with his son as he retires
- Annual Ride for the fallen takes place around Terre Haute
- A bumpy ride: Reporting potholes in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute offers free city bus rides on election day
- Terre Haute to offer free bus rides on Election Day
- Retired NFL pro and Terre Haute native Steve Weatherford weighs in on players taking a knee
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce president announces retirement
- Retirement party honors Terre Haute's Chamber of Commerce president
- West Terre Haute Police Officer arrested on domestic battery charge
- Police: Arrested Terre Haute man threatened to kill officers