TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A police chase in Terre Haute has ended in a crash.
The chase happened in Terre Haute just before 5:00 on Wednesday.
Indiana State Police told News 10 the suspect's car hit a trooper's car during the chase.
They said it started with a traffic stop.
A trooper ran the plates and found the car was stolen.
Police say the driver of the car took off when the officer got out of his car.
Police told us people were throwing items out of the vehicle.
Around Hulman Street, the suspect car hit the trooper's car.
Ultimately more officers got involved in the chase.
It ended when the suspect's car crashed at Brown Avenue and Hulman Street.
Officers detained five people.
- Five detained, and a state trooper's car hit after Terre Haute police chase
- Terre Haute police chase leaves suspect hospitalized
- Terre Haute man in jail after police chase
- First driver-less car hits the market in Terre Haute
- Trooper hit by drunk driver
- Terre Haute crow patrol hits the streets
- 'Spirit of Terre Haute' hits the rails
- Car fire in Terre Haute ruled arson
- Terre Haute Police Department rolls out 17 new squad cars
- Man running from Indiana trooper hit by car on I-65