TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute company has laid several employees off.
News 10 has confirmed that Tredegar has cut a total of 15 jobs.
Over the last several months, our films business in Terre Haute has been evolving to respond to an ever-changing marketplace. Due to significant shifts in our business forecasts, we have been forced to make some staffing changes. As a result, the company has eliminated five positions and implemented a layoff of another ten employees. We are working with those impacted by these actions to provide the support services they may need. It is our hope that we can recall some of these employees when the business climate changes.
According to a company representative, Tredegar eliminated five positions and then let 10 other people go.
News 10 started hearing reports about potential layoffs on Friday, and since then we have been working to get information from the company.
According to the statement, the company blames the 'ever-changing marketplace' for the cuts.
Tredegar is a manufacturer of plastic films based out of Virginia.
Their Terre Haute location is on Fort Harrison.
- Terre Haute plant eliminates 15 jobs
- Volunteers plant trees for Terre Haute trail
- 100 new trees planted in Terre Haute
- West Terre Haute plant promises high paying jobs, savings for farmers
- Terre Haute plant announces plans to expand production
- Terre Haute company announces plans to expand, adding new jobs
- Now hiring! Post office holds Terre Haute job fair
- Terre Haute Coca-Cola warehouse to move, around 15 will be out of a job
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- Chili's Terre Haute location closes