TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute mom remains behind bars after she was accused of child neglect.
Shanah Howell is in the Vigo County jail on a $20,000 bond.
She will be back in court on Monday for a reduction hearing.
Court documents accuse her and her boyfriend of abuse, neglect, and drug use.
One of the children told investigators Howell told her boyfriend to hit them.
A DCS report shows the agency was called to the home several times for meth use in the past year.
Howell is set to go to trial on December, 17.
News 10 is working to gather more information on charges the boyfriend could face.
We will update this story as soon as more information becomes available.
- Terre Haute mom jailed on child neglect allegations
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Terre Haute man arrested for raping child
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child solicitation
- Terre Haute couple accused of abuse and neglect when a child got into food appear in court
- Court documents allege Terre Haute firefighter molested two underage girls, had child pornography
- Terre Haute man enters guilty plea for five counts of neglect of a dependent
- Terre Haute man in jail after police chase
- Terre Haute man arrested on one count of child molesting
- Jury has been seated for Terre Haute child molesting case