TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local man is $1.5 million richer thanks to a lottery ticket.
The Hoosier Lottery says Air Guard Retiree Daniel Campbell won the Cash 5 jackpot.
Campbell told Lotto officials he plays almost daily...and it finally brought him some luck.
He bought the winning ticket at Casey's General Store in Riley.
Cash 5 is the only Hoosier Lottery daily drawing game with a rolling jackpot.
The jackpot starts at $75,000, after that it increases by at least $5,000 until someone matches all of the numbers.
He told lottery officials he and his wife are still deciding what to do with their prize money, but they are considering paying off their house.
- Terre Haute man wins $1.5 million after buying a lottery ticket
- An 18-year-old buys her first lottery ticket and wins $1,000 a week – for life
- Deadline to redeem unclaimed $1 million lottery ticket nears
- Work underway on $1.5 million sports complex
- Investment firm plans to buy Terre Haute plant
- New Illinois Lottery ticket supports police memorials, funds
- Terre Haute Fire Department wins state award
- Local man hopes to surprise wife with lottery winnings
- A couple finds an old lottery ticket while cleaning for Thanksgiving. It's worth $1.8 million.
- Terre Haute steel factory sold for $400 million