TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Vigo County man apologized to his family for his pattern of violence in court Thursday morning.
A judge sentenced Derek Snapp to five years behind bars and one year probation.
Snapp is accused of pressing a knife against his wife's throat while making threats. Officials report he's had several run in's with the law.
The judge told Snapp she's troubled with his history of violence.
Snapp plans to appeal his sentence.
- Terre Haute man arrested on criminal confinement charge
- Terre Haute man sentenced to five years after arrested for criminal confinement
- Terre Haute man that faces attempted murder, criminal confinement, robbery, and battery charges approved for work release
- U.S. Marshals arrest Sullivan County man, charged with auto theft and criminal confinement
- Terre Haute man sentenced for burglary
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Jury selection underway for criminal confinement trial in Vigo County
- Terre Haute man arrested after overnight pursuit
- Terre Haute man arrested on rape charges
- ARMED AND DANGEROUS: Attempted murder, robbery, criminal confinement...THPD search for wanted man