VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man will not survive his injuries from a motorcycle accident in Vermillion County.
Sheriff Mike Phelps said Danny Smith, Jr. was riding the motorcycle with his wife Rachael when he swerved to miss a deer.
That caused him to lose control and flip his motorcycle.
Rachael was taken to a local hospital, Danny was airlifted to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.
His family confirms Danny is an organ donor, and they are working through that process now.
- Terre Haute man involved in a motorcycle crash will not survive as family works through organ donor process
- Vermillion County motorcycle crash involving a deer leaves Terre Haute couple with serious injuries
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- One hurt in crash involving bicycle in downtown Terre Haute
- Authorities investigate Vigo County crash involving motorcycle and deer
- As Terre Haute eyes a casino, one of the next steps in the process involves Vigo County voters
- Community Spotlight: The Helping Hands organization in West Terre Haute
- March for Terre Haute becomes part of a national organization
- Crews start work on Terre Haute roads
- Crews start work on Terre Haut sidewalks