TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man faces multiple charges after allegedly running from police and then shooting toward them.
We first told you earlier this week that police were investigating a report of a shot fired during a police pursuit.
That happened Wednesday evening.
Police say they tried to pull over a vehicle being driven by Gavin Ighile.
That is when officers say he got out of his car and ran.
Police say a short chase started.
A witness said a shot was fired toward a police officer.
Police were quickly able to grab Ighile.
He has been charged with dealing cocaine and heroin, possession of a gun by a serious violent felon, and resisting law enforcement.
- Terre Haute man faces charges after a witness said they saw him shoot at police
- West Terre Haute man faces rape charges
- Terre Haute man is facing charges after a deadly crash
- Man facing charges following late night crash in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Police are "shooting" for accuracy
- Terre Haute Police investigate Friday morning shooting
- Terre Haute Police investigate Wednesday morning shooting
- Terre Haute man arrested on rape charges
- Terre Haute man charged with molestation
- Terre Haute man facing charges in two counties after police report he stole a vehicle