VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man was arrested for reportedly buying alcohol for minors.
One of those minors was reportedly Garrett Sands, who was killed at a party last year.
According to court documents, 22-year-old Richard Henderson bought beer and whiskey at Walmart on Terre Haute's southside on March 27 of last year.
Police say Garrett Sands and Nathan Derickson were with Henderson.
Sands was shot and killed around 1:30 a.m.
Detectives say the brand of beer and whiskey were found in the room where the shooting took place.
Even though this case dates back to over a year ago, a probable cause was not filed until last month.
Henderson was arrested on Thursday morning.
He is due back in court next week.
- Terre Haute man charged with buying alcohol for teens ahead of the shooting death of Garrett Sands
- Nathan Derickson sentenced for the death of Garrett Sands
- Funeral services Monday for Garrett Sands
- Garrett Sands vigil set for Thursday
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project Food drive
- The man accused of shooting and killing 17-year-old Garrett Sands is back in court today
- Hundreds celebrate the life of William Garrett Sands
- Tattoo shop honors Garrett Sands with special designs
- Remembering Garrett Sands through simple acts of kindness
- School supplies donated in honor of Garrett Sands