TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man is behind bars after police say he broke into two Parke County properties and stole several guns.
The investigation started on Monday where police received reports of two residential burglaries near Mansfield.
Police said during the first burglary, 29-year-old Kurtis Wilson was confronted by a property owner in an outbuilding.
Wilson allegedly told the property owner he was an undercover police officer.
When the homeowner expressed doubt, Wilson allegedly pointed a gun and him and then fled the scene in a vehicle with a female.
A short time later, a second burglary was reported, also in Mansfield.
Police say several guns were stolen from that burglary.
On Thursday, the Terre Haute Police Department arrested Wilson at a Terre Haute motel.
While searching his room, they found one of the stolen guns. The rest were found in his vehicle.
Wilson has warrants from several Wabash Valley counties, including Vigo, Clark, and Edgar.
Charges against the unnamed female are pending.
- Terre Haute man behind bars, accused of impersonating an officer and stealing guns
- Jury selection complete for Terre Haute man accused of impersonating a police officer
- Verdict reached for Terre Haute man accused of impersonating a police officer
- Terre Haute man arrested for impersonating police officer for the second time in one month
- Busted: Terre Haute man featured on Crime Stoppers behind bars
- Terre Haute man behind bars after foot pursuit with police
- Terre Haute man arrested for impersonating a police officer, detectives want to know if he has approached you
- Terre Haute man accused of stealing, selling unreleased Call of Duty games receives more charges
- Two arrested after fight outside Terre Haute sports bar
- Avenue gunshots land Terre Haute woman behind bars